Reiki and Hypnosis for More Joy and Peace

What is Reiki and hypnosis, and why combine the two? The two working together achieve more!

Reiki and hypnosis

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing administered by “laying on hands” – based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress. If it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy.”

A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit; creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being. Many have reported miraculous results.

Reiki and hypnosis

What is Hypnosis?

Hypnosis defined by the National Guild of Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness where the subconscious level of the mind is in a state of hyper-suggestibility.

The mind has two parts, the conscious and subconscious.

Thinking, planning, organizing, and short term memory are of our “conscious mind.” It is responsible for only 10% of our daily experiences. The other 90% is governed by of our “subconscious mind” and contains the following: emotions, feelings, automatic functions, long term memory, habit patterns, addictions, self-preservation/instincts, intuition, creativity and spirituality.

In hypnosis, relaxation and distraction of the conscious mind allows access to the subconscious mind through the imagination. Old, limiting beliefs, patterns or habits can then be replaced or overridden by new, empowering ones. Consequently producing positive changes in one’s life.

Reiki and Hypnosis Stand Independently Strong

Reiki and hypnosis are independently strong. Both modalities create positive, healing results within themselves. I have found combining the two, however, enhance the client’s session and produce fast, lasting results.

I administer Reiki as part of the “hypnotic induction.” Through Reiki, the client becomes calm, relaxed and receptive to all the wonderful suggestions about to be received. It provides the perfect segue for moving even deeper into profound relaxation with hypnosis. An added benefit is I can target Reiki healing energy to any physical aches and pains that might exist.

Everyone deserves the gift of healing touch and the opportunity to release the beliefs, patterns and habits that play havoc in their lives.

I am passionate about my work as a Reiki Practitioner and Consulting Hypnotist. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing you have had a positive impact on one’s life.

Please contact me to schedule your appointment today.

Soul’s Journey to Self Love” eBook, chock full of meditations and I AM affirmations, is now available for download. It will journey you to more peace, joy, harmony and most importantly – to love – love of yourself and others. Check it out!